The Parent Advisory Council (PAC):
What We Do
Welcome new students and parents!
Here are some of the fun experiences and activities the PAC financially supports or helps to organize at Emily Dickinson Elementary School:
- The Fort: the lovely large playground structure at Emily Dickinson was funded entirely by the PAC! Every few years, we try to fundraise for a big ticket item that will greatly benefit the school. We are currently fundraising for a sheltered area where students can play and eat lunch outdoors, while protected from the sun, rain, ice, and snow.
- Open Houses: a great way to see what your child is doing at school, and its always fun to socialize with the school community. Don't forget to check the Lost & Found while you're there! The PAC provides otter pops or ice cream, and organizes food trucks.
- Fun Run: a PAC-organized school event and fundraiser that is also very fun for the kids! The students run short laps outdoors, each grade at a different time, while parents and teachers provide water and sideline cheering. The 5th graders get to wear white t-shirts and do a color run!
- Family Bingo Night: a PAC-organized family event and fundraiser. Families gather in the auditorium for food and family fun, also often participating in lotteries or silent auctions for themed baskets and other donations.
- School Theater Performances: the PAC organizes and pays for this enrichment opportunity! In the past, we have hired Missoula Children's Theater or Bozeman's Children's Theatre to help with auditions and performances.
- Lunchtime Ice-Skating Rink: the PAC helps to organize the set up, maintenance, and volunteer supervisors of the rink, so that students can go ice-skating at the school in the winter months, students can go ice-skating at school! Helmets are required. Please sign up here to volunteer as a parent supervisor (available dates will be regularly updated).
- Emily's Garden: the PAC funds and helps to organize maintenance of the large garden area on the north side of the school. It has primarily been used as an outdoor education location.
- Student Testing Days: the PAC organizes snacks and drinks for big test days so that all students have plenty of brain food.
- Staff Appreciation: the PAC organizes, funds, and coordinates donations of time and money towards staff meals, snacks, and treats during lengthy conference days, for special occasions, or just because.
- Teacher Grants: the PAC reviews teacher requests for special classroom costs or professional improvement opportunities, and approves them on a case-by-case basis.
- 5th Grade Legacy Project: every year, the 5th grade raises money to donate something to the school on their behalf, for posterity. The PAC facilitates this annual tradition, and in the past has matched money raised.
- Book Fairs: there is usually a book sale in the Emily Dickinson library once or twice a year, often coinciding with Parent-Teacher Conferences. The PAC organizes volunteers for the event.
- Science Fairs: older students are strongly encouraged to participate in the annual Science Fair. The PAC organizes food for the event.
Emily Dickinson community members regularly donate their time and money to our students, and often choose to do so through the PAC
Please consider signing up to learn more about various PAC volunteer opportunities as they arise.